Chiffon Peep Toe
|Green Wedding Shoes Wedding Blog|
- A comfortable peep toe shoe
- Fishing line
- 1 yard of silk chiffon fabric
- Cut fabric into two 15" x 13" pieces and fold accordion style.
- Tie the fabric in a loose knot around the middle of the front of the shoe.
- Cut four pieces of fishing line, 30" long each.
- Make a 1-2" loop of fabric next to the center knot and tuck in under the middle knot to pull through to opposite side. Then wrap the fishing line around the fabric a few times to keep in place and tie the fishing line.
- Repeat step 4 again and then do twice on the other side of the center knot.
- Leave a short "tail" of fabric at each end or cut to your desired length.
- Repeat for second shoe.
Floral Ankle Straps
- A high-heeled pump with an ankle strap
- Lace fabric strips 2-3 inches in width
- Plain ribbon to match the color of lace fabric
- Needle and thread
To make flowers-
- Cut strips of fabric between 12-16 inches in length, one strip per flower.
- Fold the strip in half and stitch together along the edges.
- To give ruffled look, gather the fabric together as you sew and begin to form a circle of layers.
- Sew through the middle of the flower a few times and tie thread in a knot to secure.
Attach to shoes-
- Sew fabric flowers that you just made (or if the above steps were too complicated, you can purchase pre-made fabric flowers at your local craft store,) onto a plain, wide, grosgrain ribbon.
- Attach floral ribbon to strap of shoe with shoe clips or sew to the shoe's strap.
- Sexy satin stilettos
- Various sized flat back rhinestones
- Permanent glue
- Pick up rhinestone with tweezers and dip backside of rhinestone into glue.
- Start pressing larger rhinestones onto top center of heel, working your way with smaller rhinestones out and down. I highly recommend laying out your design ahead of time.
- To affix smaller rhinestones, dip a toothpick into the glue and then apply to backside of rhinestone.
Fancy Shoe Clips
|Project Wedding Blog Photos and Project Styling by Victoria Hudgins|
- A plain, not too tall, heeled shoe
- Colored satin ribbon 1/2 inch wide
- Fashion feathers
- Small plain hair clips
- Fabric glue
- For each shoe, cut ribbon into 4 pieces, each different lengths.
- Take both ends of a piece of ribbon and fold to meet in the middle. Secure with fabric glue.
- Repeat step 2 for each piece of ribbon.
- Layer the four pieces of ribbon with the longest piece on the bottom and shortest on top. Secure with fabric glue.
- Attach feathers to center of ribbons with fabric glue.
- Allow to dry.
- Use fabric glue to attach ribbon/feathers to hair clip.
- Clip onto center of back of heel.
Tip- Wear shoes "naked" for ceremony and clip these fancy feathers on for the reception!
Dip-Dyed Ombre Ballet Flats
- Cotton or suede white ballet flats
- RIT liquid dye in your favorite wedding color- something blue?
- Sponge brush
- Measuring Spoons
- Follow steps on RIT dye package to make your bucket of color.
- Dip the toes of the ballet flats into the dye for about 1 minute so that it will be a richer color.
- Put the whole shoe in the dye bucket for just a few moments.
- To fade the color, dip a sponge brush in water and wipe off some of the color on the heel of the shoe.
- Allow to dry.
- A flat, t-strap sandal
- Grosgrain ribbon in white or ivory
- Hot glue
- Tie a bow with the grosgrain ribbon. Bow tying tutorials here.
- Glue ribbon to ankle strap of sandal.
Enjoy! I'd love to see pictures of your DIY wedding shoes!