Business Description

Berthoud wedding plannebjhjhr A little bird told me you'd like some help planning your event.....

.

.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

DU Graduation Barbecue Party

{Real Parties}

I am so proud of my baby brother who graduated business school from Denver University this summer. (As well as my baby sister who graduated law school in CA.)  I loved celebrating so many graduations recently!  

We decided on a casual, backyard barbecue theme for 20 of my brother's closest friends and family members.  I used his school colors, burgundy and gold, to decorate.


My brother is a no-frills kind of guy and requested that his favorite restaurant, Wingin' It, cater his party.  From them, we ordered 150 wings that came with celery, carrots and dressing, 7 orders of Mac n' Cheese wedges and 10 orders of fries.  I purchased single serving Kraft Paperboard Food Trays and Paperboard French Fry Scoops, from Garnish, so that guests could just grab their food and walk around with it.  


For the fruit salad, I purchased Kraft Ripple Cups from Garnish, that I embellished with burgundy and gold ribbon, and Wooden Disposable Spoons that I stamped with the words "You Are Amazing." 


I dressed up the fry and mac n' cheese boxes with tags, made some Subway art for an Ikea frame and packaged individual baby wipes labeled with "Congrats Rock On" for saucy fingers and faces.


In addition to a S'more Station that included giant marshmallows, Hershey's bars, Reese's, Nutella, Peanut Butter, Caramel and Graham crackers, I ordered a requested Oreo Blizzard Ice Cream Cake from Dairy Queen, and had to have some "handmade" treats available.

For "diplomas," I tied a Pull-and-Peel Twizzler around a Pirouette Wafer Cookie.  I made "Graduation Cap Pops" with a Reese's Miniature, Ghiradelli chocolate square, red Mini M&M's, the Pull-and-Peel Twizzler and some melted Hershey's chocolate.


Thanks Pinterest!

Congratulations AJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment