Business Description

Berthoud wedding plannebjhjhr A little bird told me you'd like some help planning your event.....

.

.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Catherine and Julie's Chautauqua Wedding


The wedding was months ago but going through the gorgeous photographs again gives me chills, remembering the day; how much love and hope and positive energy surrounded Catherine and Julie.  Almost every picture of these girls shows them smiling ear to ear.  They love each other, a lot.  And it's no wonder why. Catherine and Julie were not only some of my most favorite brides, but are some of my most favorite people.  Their hearts are huge and after planning their destination wedding in Colorado (they live in Los Angeles,) I am happy to now call them my friends.


The wedding ceremony took place on the lawn in front of Chautauqua Dining Hall in Boulder Colorado, with the flatirons looming.


Soft bouquets of peonies, garden roses and hydrangea were created by Painted Primrose.  I enjoyed spending the day with the girls at my wholesale floral warehouse to pick out blooms for complementary centerpieces for the tables.



Catherine's family brought homemade jars of jam to give as favors.  


On the morning of the wedding, the banquet captain at Chautauqua offered to share with us a vintage suitcase that he had just found at an estate sale, to use to keep cards in.


The reception was held in the tent behind the dining hall with a wonderful (mostly) vegan menu provided by Three Leaf Catering.


My first visit to Chautauqua was in preparation for this wedding and wow, what a cool place!  I can see why North Carolina native, Catherine was drawn to the historic buildings, adorable cabins and stunning views.  Julie went to school in Boulder and has fond memories of the area.  They were excited to share this special place with their family and friends.




Their cake was provided by Louisville's The Huckleberry.




Julie's smile is seriously contagious!


Did I mention that Catherine is a Hollywood movie star?


The whole wedding party is fit for a magazine cover.  How cute are those kids in their suspenders?


I'd be remiss if I didn't mention all of the other amazing vendors that had a hand in putting this dream wedding together.  Husband and wife photography team: Jamie Fischer Photography, Ceremony musicians: A Lyric Ensemble, Disc Jockey: Thomas Gutherie, and makeup by Bre Ortola with Alchemy Mineral Blends


Thank you Julie and Catherine for allowing me the privilege to be a part of your special day.  I can think of very few people who deserve all of the happiness that the two of you do.


No comments:

Post a Comment