Business Description

Berthoud wedding plannebjhjhr A little bird told me you'd like some help planning your event.....

.

.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Crafts and Cocktails


I recently discovered one of my new favorite places.  Its called Upstairs Circus and its too bad its in Denver, about 45 minutes away from where I live.  Here's the gist of the place, you pick a day on their calendar, you go to their website to see what the theme of the day is (e.g. "Home Sweet Home" or "Designer Inspired,") you choose from one of about five different choices of craft projects, (depending on the theme, you may paint a canvas, make jewelry, sew a pillow cover, do some wood burning, etc.) Sign up for what you want; include details in your reservation whether you will be coming with a friend, or a group or whatever.

When you arrive, they give you ALL of the supplies to make your project, direct you towards the in house equipment, hand you a detailed sheet of instructions and make sure that you know that they are available to you if you have any questions or need any help.  You go find a seat at one of their crafting tables and then, here's the best part, well one of the best parts, you head to their full bar to order a cocktail to sip while you craft!  They have some delicious mixed drink recipes, as well as an espresso machine.  If you book a package from them, it will include your craft, drink tickets and their truffle oil popcorn, served out of a retro popcorn machine. I made a bracelet and (even though it took me a total of 4 hours to make it, versus the 1-2 it is supposed to take,) I love it!

So then I started dreaming about how cool it would be to open a store like that of my own.  I imagined the many options of some of the DIY projects that I could offer........Well, it probably won't happen anytime soon, so for now, I just made a Pinterest board of ideas.  Here are some of my favorites that I can share with you:







Happy DIYing until we meet at my future store, maybe I'll call it Crafts and Cocktails.  



No comments:

Post a Comment