Business Description

Berthoud wedding plannebjhjhr A little bird told me you'd like some help planning your event.....

.

.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Chevron, Palm and Sisal Bridal Shower

My east coast cousin asked me to help her plan her brother's fiance's bridal shower.  The luncheon was to take place at a historic boutique inn near Palm Beach Florida.  After the hostess sent me a few snapshots of the restaurant with it's windows overlooking a sandy garden, beachy awnings and terra cotta tiled floors, the wheels began turning in my head. I turned to Pinterest to research as much as I could about the lovely Chevron trend.  I soon learned that the bride-to-be was not a "girly girl," but wanted more of a sophisticated, laid back theme.  I chose some muted grays, a palm tree graphic, some sisal (or twine rather,) added a few sea shells and of course my favorite chevron pattern.


I printed the invitations on white cardstock, cut rounded corners and then added a kraft paper backing.  To hold the twine adornment on top, I used some antique silver colored thumbtacks.  The requested registry information was typed on the opposite arrangement .  A recurring palm tree emblem was printed on round kraft envelope seals.


The placecards were printed with a chevron background and placed over a swatch of burlap fabric, held together with the same tacks.


I purchased the grey and white chevron fabric to make some simple table runners.  (Email me if you would like the name of the fabric supplier, they were very prompt and had great pricing.) I found the small perfume bottles and tea light candle holders, wrapped in sisal and with shell adornments, on sale at my local craft store and bought out their entire supply.  I made some paper flags that read "Love" and the bride and groom's names.  


My vision includes these grouped on top of the table runners with some twine wrapped mason jars and either a votive candle or a floating candle, something like the ones pictured below.  (The hostess could also decide to sprinkle a little "beach sand" around the the bottom of the centerpieces to add to the beachy feel.)
Photo from BrideBop.com
I ordered some custom fabric napkin rings made from burlap, twine and seashells.  Champagne glasses will contain flags that mimic the centerpiece's paper flags and I made food pics using the grey chevron pattern and palm tree image as well.  Table number cards are displayed in white frames that I purchased from Ikea for $1 each and tied with some twine.


For favors, I arranged for some custom bars of soap to be made.  These are Apple Crisp scented and have natural oats in them to add to the texture.  I made Thank You tags in a few varying shapes and sizes in case the hostess wishes to add a little something of her own to a favor bag or box.


I hope to be able to share real party photos with you soon!  Feel free to contact me with your requests and party budget and I can put together a proposal for a pre-made party kit custom just for your event!


Here is what I included in this Chevron, Palm and Sisal Bridal Shower Kit:

24 Custom Printed Shower Invitations with Envelopes
24 Envelope Seals
24 Blank Thank You Cards with Envelopes
24 Guest Favors- Natural Soap Bars Wrapped
48 Favor Tags
4 Table Runners
4 Table Numbers in Frames
24 Place Cards
48 Food Picks
24 Champagne Flags
24 Custom Napkin Rings
24 Custom Menus
Centerpieces- 16 Sandy Beach Votive Holders and 8 Twine Wrapped Perfume Bottles with Flags.
Extra burlap, extra twine


No comments:

Post a Comment